Wednesday, December 21, 2011

George Clooney's adorable story about rescuing Einstein


George Clooney's adorable story about rescuing his dog Einstein.  He saw a video of a pound puppy on an animal shelter's website and knew immediately that Einstein was the pup he wanted to adopt.  

Read below about how he cooked up his plan to win over Einstein, the full article is in the January 2012 Esquire, Meaning of Life Issue.

Hey, this is Einstein. I guess he's part cocker spaniel or something. I got him out of a shelter about a year and a half ago. I was looking for a dog because I hadn't had one for a while — and I wanted one that was house-trained. I'm just terrible at house-training dogs.

So I go online and see Einstein. They had a whole film about him. It was actually really sweet. You see him all beat up and shit in the shelter, and they show how they cleaned him up. God, I love this dog. So I called and said, "I like Einstein!"

The woman goes, "Well, we don't know if Einstein will like you."

"Well, can I meet with Einstein?"

"Yes, we'll bring him to your house, but if he doesn't like you, he can't stay. We have to have good homes for these dogs." She sounded very serious.

Okay. I have this really long driveway, and I open the gate for them, and I start to panic that Einstein is not going to like me. So I run into the kitchen, where I have these turkey meatballs, and I rub them all over my shoes.

This woman opens the door, and who knew Einstein was such a food whore on top of everything? He throws himself at my feet.

She says, "I've never seen him react like that, ever!" And she left him with me on the spot. And forever, now, he just thinks of me as the guy with meatball feet.

15 comments:

Einstein, oh Einsten, you don't need meatballs to love George Clooney! I'd throw myself at his feet anytime! Seriously it's a match made in heaven, God must have been watching out for sweet sweet Einstein.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Haha OMG I agree!! Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you too!!

I love George Clooney's humor and yes, I love him! I agree with JC, Einstein doesn't need meatballs to love THE George Clooney. :)

Nice post, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I wouldn't mind being rescued by him...
Timeless Hotness!

neither do I. I love George Clooney ! I hope to see a movie with Morgan Freeman and George this Year !

Clooney must take up the role as James Bond. The perfect man to play as a Bond. Love the story and the name Einstein for dog.

A Lovely story. Good old Einstein!

Great story and a great blog. I am adding myself as a subscriber.
New York Dog Photography

Hi nice blog &nice story i like it thank you keep posting...

hi nice site interesting.......

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, gibberish or nonsensical, comments of this kind will be removed without hesitation.

This is a DoFollow blog so feel free to leave your website link, to do this use the pull down menu on Comment As: and choose Name/URL

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More